Re: RSA host key of ftp-master changed?

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Colin Watson wrote:

>   http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2004/01/msg00011.html

Thanks.  Before I get even moire RTFM mails I try to explain in more detail.
I did several uploads since then using dput.  My dput configuration is unchanged
since several months.  It starts with

[DEFAULT]
login = username
method = ftp
hash = md5
allow_unsigned_uploads = 0
run_lintian = 0
run_dinstall = 0
check_version = 0
scp_compress = 0
post_upload_command =
pre_upload_command =
passive_ftp = 0
default_host_main =
default_host_non-us =

[ftp-master]
fqdn = ftp-master.debian.org
incoming = /pub/UploadQueue/
login = anonymous
#       ^^^^^^^^^

Why does dput refuse to do its job today but worked some days (I do not remember
exactly when I did an upload from this box) ago?

I guess it verifys the host key for some reason (which seems not to be really
bad) even if the upload is done via ftp (see line 3) and by an anonymous
upload (see marked line, last one of the snippet).

I also can't verify that I changed dput

$ dpkg --status dput
Package: dput
Section: devel
Installed-Size: 196
Maintainer: Christian Kurz <shorty@debian.org>
Architecture: all
Version: 0.9.2.13

on my saystem recently.  So what is the real explanation for this change
of behaviour besides that you are so kind to teach me reading debian-announce
messages?

Kind regards

         Andreas.