Re: DO NOT REMOVE the lib packages after updates

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 08:17:24PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

> As for security updates that's pretty easy. Remove the old lib. You
> wouldn't loose anything compared to removing it directly but you keep
> packages working as long as there is no security bug.

Preposterous.  You're suggesting that we release Debian, and then when there
is a bug, "solve" it by removing the affected package from the archive.

The basis for your argument was that keeping the old library would make it
easier for the packages which depend on them, and you would have just made
those packages uninstallable by removing it.

--
 - mdz