On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 04:29:39PM +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:

> (Context for those not on #debian-devel - I suggested that a more
> appropriate mechanism for dealing with this problem would have been for
> private discussion to have taken place in a non-confrontational manner.
> Robert suggested that this would be breaching clause 3 of the social
> contract)

And this suggestion was, apparently, pedantic.

I remember when I suggested that we should follow clause 1 of the Social
Contract, this was pedantic for you too. Do you find adherance with official
documents always pedantic or only when you disagree with them?

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T., Ainulindale (Silmarillion)