On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 02:43:59PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> 1. that the next Debian GNU/Linux release, codenamed "sarge", will
>    include the "amd64" architecture, based on the work currently hosted
>    at http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/ ;

I think this is the wrong way to approach this issue.

The difference between testing, and a stable release, is the time and
effort spent testing the system.

There's no good reason for insisting that sarge not be released until
that testing can occur.

In fact, seeing as the amd64 port is being introduced to debian as of
this year, waiting for the next release is almost perfect timing.

That said: it would be Really Nice if we could get releases out faster
than we have been.

--
Raul