On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:43:59 +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
[...]
> hereby resolves:
>
> 1. that the next Debian GNU/Linux release, codenamed "sarge", will
>    include the "amd64" architecture, based on the work currently hosted at
>    http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/ ;

Could we please not hold the sarge release up any more than we have to?
I'm fine w/ forcing inclusion of amd64 into sid (#3), but adding yet
another requirement for sarge seems like a horrible idea.  We have no idea
how many problems this will cause for sarge.

As a side note, the ftp-masters seem to be doing *something* wrt amd64:
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64/2004/07/msg00034.html>.
Unfortunately, there seems to be some sort of common allergy affecting
debian, where people seem to get all itchy and develop rashes at the
thought of posting status updates to public mailing lists.