Re: Packaging GFS/Redhat Cluster

On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 07:37:25PM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 07:07:46PM +0200, Joerg Wendland wrote:
> >            Bastian Blank already files #257249 but does not respond to
> > it.
>
> Hu?
>
> >      I would like to create an alioth project
>
> You mean that machine called haydn with broken hardware?
>
> >                                               (I'd do that at once but I
> > don't want to steal Bastian's ITP without consens) and have a team
> > maintain these packages especially as I have no experience in building
> > kernel-patch packages.
>
> Patrick Caulfield accepted the invitation to the team.
>
> >  - Patrick, how can we work together?
>
> Maybe it will be usefull to have lvm2/devmapper managed by the same
> team.

Certainly lvm is closely integrated in the clustering though I've organised it
so that the clustering for LVM can be packaged seperately to the main LVM
binaries - it's basically a daemon, a shared library and a config file change.

The bit I haven't yet decided is how to do the biarch bits. lvm2 is currently
built 32bit for sparc64 et al, but will need to be 64bit for it to be
clustered, which implies a 64bit device mapper library too. I suspect the best
thing to do is to built 32 and 64 bit libdevmapper and then move to building
lvm2 64bit only.

--

patrick