Re: Packaging GFS/Redhat Cluster

Bastian Blank, on 2004-07-11, 19:32, you wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 07:07:46PM +0200, Joerg Wendland wrote:
> >  - Bastian, what is your status regarding your ITP?
>
> Packages are finished except of the descriptions and I wait for 64bit
> libxml2/libz1 as I decided to only support sparc64 and s390x because
> there is no biarch support and it does not work on s390.
>
> The repository is http://lophos.multibuild.org/svn/cluster.

Great, so I don't have to do anything :-)

> >  - Anybody wanting to help? Especially with the kernel-patches?
>
> I don't think someone wants to write biarch support for it.

Is this an issue?  I am not into this biarch thing but do these few libs
and tools have to biarch to be useful?

> > What I will provide for development is a hardware testbed to eliminate
> > the need for obscure NDB or similar setups.
>
> There exists a special nbd variant for use with gfs. It is currently not
> packaged by that is easy.

Yes, GNBD, but it's not stable enough for production use and brings an
additional point of failure to your system.  It may be useful for
testing GFS nevertheless.

Joerg

--
Joerg "joergland" Wendland  |  http://www.wendlandnet.de/joerg/
GPG: 51CF8417 FP: 79C0 7671 AFC7 315E 657A  F318 57A3 7FBD 51CF 8417