Re: What's up with packager of tex4ht (Andrew Gray)?

[sorry for the Cc if you're subscribed]

On Sat, Jul 10, 2004 at 12:12:25AM +0300, Juhapekka Tolvanen wrote:
> I am becoming angry, because tex4ht has some bugs that are fixed in
> upstream sources, but not in Debian-package.
>
>  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=234678
>
> Then I heard about this:
>
> http://www.nl.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-beyond-pkging.en.html#s-mia-qa
>
> Well, let's see:
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?maint=ajpg@debian.org
>
> All his bugs are open and all of them are outrageously old; even the
> youngest bug is 83 days old. So, what you think? Maybe somebody should
> do some NMU.

Quite possibly.  The better forum for discussions such as this is the
debian-qa mailing list, where dedicated individuals are ready and willing to
be proactive about matters such as these.

(Sorry, channelling some pointy hair there)

Seriously, debian-qa is the hangout for the MIA hunters and general issues
of poorly maintained packages.

- Matt