Re: Mozilla "PostScript/default" security problems

Greg Folkert <greg@gregfolkert.net> writes:

> On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 02:50, Brian Nelson wrote:
>> Louis Guerin <louisguerin@gmail.com> writes:

>> > Anything's fixable, it's just a matter of difficulty... in this case
>> > rebuilding from source with preferred options, or using someone else's
>> > unofficial packages.
>>
>> Users shouldn't have to rebuild packages to fix a major bug, like broken
>> printing support.
>
> This I agree with, but as *I* have said before, unless people are
> willing to deal with the problems Sid presents from time to time...

But this isn't a typical transient problem in unstable that will be
fixed in a few days.  Currently, the bugs in question (#257985, #256072)
are tagged wontfix.  People are making noise because they think they
should be fixed, which seems sane to me.

--
You win again, gravity!