Tyan 2885

Hello,

I've a few questions. I have a Tyan 2885ANRF motherboard and wanna try linux, especially Debian because I heard it is quit easy to use and maintain. so I've downloaded the latest network install package and give it a try. The first problem was that is didn't recognise my LAN adapter "Broadcom BCM5703C GbE", I found a linux driver for it on the Internet, but missed the option in the installation program of getting a driver from floppy. The same for the "Silicon Image Sil3114 SATA RAID Accelerator". Is there a solution for now, because I want to try it, getting sick of windows, or when do you think you can add the drivers for both parts. I've not much experience with Linux so I hope that the work around is not that difficult.

By the way I tried knoppix 3.4(debian based) also and it recognise my LAN adapter, not the raid controller.

Can you help me out for now,

Thanks,

Groeten,

Boudewijn Charité

RF development engineer, Philips RF Solutions
Professor Holstlaan 4, 5656 AA Eindhoven
Building WL 1-03-20, Postbox WL 14
phone: +31 (0)40 27 45965 Fax: +31 (0)40 27 43653

mailto:boudewijn.charite@philips.com
Internet: http://home.wanadoo.nl/boudewijn.charite/