Re: AMD64 for sarge [<rant> Package: ftpmasters, Severity: serious, ...]

According to Andrew Suffield:
> On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 09:25:12AM -0600, Joel Baker wrote:
> > Of the three points, I (as one of the folks involved with the BSD ports,
> > at least) am quite willing to grant that amd64 is worthy of special-case
> > treatment because of what it is, and where it's going.
>
> Do I really have to remind people that this was said of ia64, too?

So ia64 is a dud; anyone who wasn't in Intel marketing (or drank their
kool-aid) could see it.  You're not suggesting that amd64 is going to
run aground like ia64 did....?

("Remember, they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.")
--
Chip Salzenberg            - a.k.a. -             <chip@pobox.com>
                  Poetry mode ... is the default.