Re: Future of X packages in Debian

On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 07:40:32PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 01:26:59PM +0200, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> > Having only five or six people with SVN commit access does not mean that
> > others cannot contribute.
>
> Actually the real figure is twice that.
>
> branden@necrotic:~$ grep xhackers /etc/group
> xhackers:!:2000:branden,ishikawa,fabbione,jch,www-data,fenton,mdz,daenzer,mjg59,wt,rmh,dnusinow,bubulle,tretkowski
>
> (www-data doesn't count.)
>
> While it is true that only a fraction of these people actively use their
> commit access, it is also true that only one of the approximately 15 people
> who've ever had it did anything that required disciplinary action.

In the first instance, make an error of judgement and start reorganising
package names based on a misunderstanding. I was very uncomfortable with
that principle.

And, if you refuse to speak to me outside of the context of debian-x,
how can I realistically avoid being so hideously wrong again?

--
Daniel Stone                                                <daniels@debian.org>
Debian: the universal operating system                     http://www.debian.org