Re: standard apt/yum meta-data format

On Friday 02 July 2004 06.03, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
[...]
> I've been following the rpm-metadata mailing list; so far, I have not
> seen a compelling advantage which would justify the investment.  I
> don't see much momentum on the part of other distributors, either.

The one thing I would wish is apt/dpkg using an index on the Packages
files. Using apt-get update/upgrade on slow machines is very painful
when the sources.list contains stable+testing+unstable.

But an XML based thingy would certainly not be the remedy for this.

cheers
-- vbi

--
If your computer says, "Printer out of Paper," this problem cannot
be resolved by continuously clicking the "OK" button.