Re: report-po, forward outdated po file to the last translators

On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 06:04:27PM +0200, Fabio Tranchitella wrote:
> IMHO if a maintaner changes the debconf template and asks for a new
> translation of the template _manually_ he would ask to the last
> translator. Isn't it? So what is the difference between this and a
> script which does it automatically?

Not really. If a maintainer cares, he uses the debian-i18n mailing list,
having tagged his mail appropriately.

> Or what about send the mail to the language team mailing list?
> I really don't know if it would be better ...

This would make more sense, definitely.

> In Nikolai opinion my script is an hell for translators ... :)

I'm just a little bit angry about this inconsistence. I've made some
proposals in debian-boot and -i18n about the l10n infrastructure, they
were not really good, but any desire to mail the maintainers or make them
use one more script while packaging has been stopped with an argument "No,
we can't really make maintainers do that, they shouldn't get more mails
than they do already", etc. I do not really see a reason why the
translators should be cared of less than the maintainers.

--
Nikolai Prokoschenko
nikolai@prokoschenko.de / Jabber: pronik@jabber.org