Re: Status of Gnome in Debian testing/unstable

On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 11:24:05AM +0100, benjim@blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
> Can anyone tell me the status of the Gnome 2.4 / 2.6 transition in testing / unstable? When will "apt-get install gnome" or equivalent be fixed?

I have gnome-control-center and gnome-terminal running on top of
fluxbox, but no metacity/gdm; gnome-session and gnome-panel are
installed but not usually running.

Everything was basically fine in unstable until today's update which
broke things horribly, so the answer is 'at this exact moment, not good,
keep what you have on hold and be prepared to roll back changes'.

Today libbonobo2-*, libgnomeui-*, libgtk1.2-*, gnome-terminal, and
hicolor-icon-theme wanted to update themselves; but something broke
gnome-control-center.  I didn't report a bug and just put these on hold.