Re: glibc 2.3.2 reinstalling from sources failed

As Frank wrote, I recommend you to read glibc package or
documentations in first.

At Tue, 22 Jun 2004 10:57:39 +0400,
Dmitry M. Chepel <assad@agava.ru> wrote:
> Q: How reinstall glibc 2.3.2 in Sarge?

If you don't know how to reinstall glibc, you shouldn't install your
built glibc into your root directory; instead use chroot environment
(debootstrap helps you).

> Q: What kind of thread package (nptl or linuxthreads)  uses
> in Sarge distributive by default?

Both.  2.3.2.ds1 + on kernel 2.4, linuxthreads is default.  On kernel
2.6, nptl is default.

2.3.2, linuxthreads is default on both 2.4 and 2.6.

> Q: How install glibc 2.3.3 in Sarge?

Read glibc documentations.

> Q: what kinf of command string to script configure I need to
> type for compile default glibc?

apt-get update && apt-get source libc6 && cd glibc-2.3.2.ds1 && debuild

> Q: Are addititional patch needed for glibc sources for install glibcs?
> (Now I am use only sscanf patch).

debian glibc package has additional patches in debian/patches dir.
Look at debian/patches/00list.

Regards,
-- gotom