Re: Analysis of the ballot options

On Sat, Jun 19, 2004 at 06:18:01PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Hrm.  I think giving our users non-free software hurts them.  I'm
> against hurting our users, therefore I'm against releasing non-free
> software.

An alternative view is that it hurts our users when we don't support
the software we give them, and that the DFSG and Social Contract
are aimed at making us as effective as possible at supporting
our users.

Software which can't be ported, which can't have security problems
resolved, which can't be delivered, and which can't be used are all
examples of problems we're trying to avoid.

--
Raul