Re: uscan over all packages....

On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 06:36:55PM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > have any watch file. 626 Packages have a working watch file (7% from
>
> I suspect what these watch files are for, but I must here admit I'm
> ignorant : is there some good document about it (syntax mostly)?

Funny thing... after reading this thread I start searching for such
documentation ;)

From what I have found, the best and seems the only information is
`man 1 uscan`.

I've added watch files for 6-7 of my packages already, and seems that
it's extremely easy. At least it seems to work ;)

version=2
http://www.megastep.org/makeself/makeself-(.*).run debian uupdate

version=2
http://download.berlios.de/netpanzer/netpanzer-(.*).tar.bz2 debian uupdate

version=2
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/htop/htop-(.*).tar.gz debian uupdate

version=2
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/cannonsmash/csmash-(.*).tar.gz debian uupdate

I also looked on some not-mine packages, and sometimes there is:

(.*)\.tar\.gz instead of (.*).tar.gz

I don't know why... or I don't know regexp as good as I should ;)

regards
fEnIo

--
      _      Bartosz Fenski | mailto:fenio@o2.pl | pgp:0x13fefc40 | IRC:fEnIo
    _|_|_     32-050 Skawina - Glowackiego 3/15 - w. malopolskie - Polska