Proposal - Constitutional Amendment: Associate Foundation Documents to Releases

[This is a counter proposal to Manoj's I originally posted on
debian-vote.  I've substituted "Published" with "Ratified" and removed
"versions".]

I propose to add the following to the Constitution:

  § 5.1.4. Ratified versions of Foundation Documents shall be formally
           associated to specific releases of the Debian system.

Rational
========
The Foundation Documents were a good idea.  Because Foundation Documents
represent portions of Policy, applying specific versions of Foundation
Documents with specific Releases of Debian is perfectly acceptable.  An
additional Foundation Document isn't necessary to describe this process.

Although the Foundation Documents themselves are not technical
declarations of policy, they may affect Debian both technically and
infrastructionally.  This change to the Constitution focuses the affects
of changes to the Foundation Documents to specific releases of the
Debian system, allowing a flexible and targetable approach to
implementing new policy.

I haven't specified HOW versions of the Foundation Documents are
associated to releases.  This leaves the implementation details out of
the Constitution, as it should be.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/