Naming for PHP pear modules in Debian - Was: Re: PHP pear modules for Debian

On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 09:57, Andreas Tille wrote:

>    http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2004/debian-devel-200402/msg01713.html
>
> started a thread about packaging php pear modules.  I have a special
> interest but absolutely know knowledge about PHP and thus I'm not
> qualified to take over this job.

And to bring that naming issue up again. Wouldn't it be best just to call them
libpear-something og libphp-something ?

That is the naming scheme mostly used all over Debian (libapache, libperl, etc.)

I think something like that probably should be defined, before they are introduced.

Kind regards,
Martin List-Petersen