On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 10:00:17PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:

> The issue is actually more complex because of the non-free section of
> the distribution.  The pragmatists will simply use that one.  People
> like me who suffer from a mild form of Free Software Extremism are
> those who are losing most because they can no longer rely on the way
> Debian applies the DFSG to decide which packages can go into main.  It
> looks as if they have to make their own decisions in the future.

Well, it may be more than that.  We may need to have a different
version of the kernel in non-free that actually will work on all of
the hardware which Red Hat, SuSE, and every other Distribution.

And we may need to have our own installer that also supports these
hardware and includes non-free in /etc/apt/sources.list as well, since
we might want to be able documentation to our programs (and possibly
fonts) in our distribution.

						- Ted