On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 01:08:05PM +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 04:02:47PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > No, you need 46 people and only three quarters of them need agree.
> > That is less than 4% of our developer community.

(My mistake; each valid option must have at least the quorum number of
votes more than the default, meaning that you actually need 46
developers to agree and that's 5%. Thanks to Manoj for clarification.)

> That's a mischaracterisation. You also need *all* the other developers
> to be absent or apathetic.

Apparently not difficult to arrange, if you dress it up as something
mundane and technical in a language foreign to many of our developers.

>                            If that were the case then there's a great
> deal of dead weight, and it would indeed be reasonable to pass the
> change without them.

Not to this extreme, I think.

Cheers
Hamish