On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 01:28:28AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 16:02:47 +1000, Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> said:
> >> That is bot, BTW, how quorum works.  You would need at least 46
> >> people to change the foundation documents, as long as they were of
> >> one mind.
>
> > No, you need 46 people and only three quarters of them need agree.
> > That is less than 4% of our developer community.
>
> 	You do not know what you are talking about.
>
> 	If less than 46 people vote the proposal above further
>  discussion, it does not make quorum. We have per option quorum, you
>  know.

Fine. My mistake. So you need 46 people and that's 5% of the developers.
Makes no real difference anyway Manoj; it's still pathetic.

> > Of course you're right and everybody should have read the GR that
> > you did indeed send to d-d-a three times. However you must concede
> > that some people ignored the issue based on the subject of the CFV
> > message alone, and that some people believe the subject of that
> > message was misleading.
>
> 	People can think a lot of things, and I have no control over
>  their opinion.  I can only see things from my viewpoint, lacking
>  telepathy; and the topic was, and is, valid from where I stand.

Good for you. But admit that some people disagree, at least.

Perhaps next time the subject of the CFV could make no comment on the
proposal at all. Call it "SC changes", rather than "SC editorial
changes". The secretary's opinion is irrelevant to the project so please
leave it out of the CFV.

Hamish