Re: DRAFT for a GR proposal concerning the Sarge release, postpone this

Hi Jeroen!

On 2004-04-28  0:25 +0200, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> Maybe you should have deliberated with the release-management team.

I deliberately chose to immediately make it visible to all developers.
After all this was not an actual proposal, but a basis for discussion.
As such, I wanted as many opinions as possible, and I did not exclude
the release team.

> There is one important caveat with this proposal. I'll contact you
> privately about this:

I'm sure it is far from perfect, that's why I want to discuss it first
:-)

> a GR is already in the make, hopefully providing a
> sensefull roadmap to go forward. It's currently going through some
> editorial changes right now ;), and will be posted here really soon now.

Okay, since you seem to have worked longer and with more people, then
I would like to postpone my proposal and the discussion about it until
yours appears.

> I think it's more productive to come up with a well-thoughtover,
> well-supported GR, especially regarding the discussion that will surely
> follow: I'd really like that to be a bit structured if possible.

I tried to structure it by legal/technical/etc., but maybe your's is
better. It is my first try, I'm willing to learn :-) But I strongly
feel that _something_ must done to rescue Debian's reputation.

Thanks,

Martin

--
Martin Pitt                 Debian GNU/Linux Developer
martin@piware.de                      mpitt@debian.org