Raul Miller <moth@debian.org> writes:

> I disagree: "decide on a case-by-case basis" is not "no definition at
> all", instead it is "each case has its own definition", and that still
> leads to the question of "what is the definition in this case?"

Which case are we speaking of, exactly?  "Fonts" is too broad, in my
opinion, covering fonts that were created in bitmap form originally,
and fonts which are bitmap-modified METAFONT output, and fonts which
are built from automatically-generated METAFONT programs, and fonts
which are made from Truetype bytecodes (some of which were written as
bytecodes, some not); etc.

We don't have a definition for "programs" either (though, indeed,
using the GPL's version there is a good first step, but not
dispositive).

Thomas