Re: /usr/lib/menu vs .desktop files - possible mass bug filling

I'll give a little more of a hint on where it should be looking. 8)
Any desktop file in the deb not in one of those locations is not used
for menu purposes. And as such is not a bug not to have a debian
.menu as well. I don't know the gnome legacy location so someone else
would have to help on that.

/usr/share/applications		<- xdg standard location
/usr/share/applnk		<- kde legacy location
/usr/share/???			<- gnome legacy location

Hopefully post sarge we can start working on converting Debian menu
over to using .desktop files and generating output for non xdg
compliant window managers. This should help improve menu support for
applications including much improved i18n support. I recently broke
out menu-xdg from the kde packages as a first step towards this. It
converts Debian .menu files into proper .desktop files usable by xdg
compliant window managers. All that has to be done for the window
manager is to add the debian specific categories to their menu
somewhere.

Chris