On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 03:21:25PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> For a font, this is not quite true.  Many fonts in Debian are the
> output of little languages or the equivalent.  So we have no problem
> with the METAFONT-generated fonts.  IIUC, there is similarly no
> problem with Truetype fonts.

P.S. in this case the source code for the program obviously includes the
source code to that little language, if we want the font to be 100% free.
If you have some other interpretation, please be more specific.

P.P.S.  I find it extremely ironic that one of the more vocal supporters
for the "get rid of non-free" meme is now arguing [rather vehemently]
against a somewhat milder implementation of that meme than was originally
proposed.

--
Raul