Re: /usr/lib/menu vs .desktop files - possible mass bug filling

* Artur R. Czechowski

 > I've found[1] 48 packages[3] which have ${packagename}.desktop in
 > /usr/share/gnome/apps subdirectories without menu file in /usr/lib/menu.
 (..)
 >     obconf 1.5-1 Tore Anderson <tore@debian.org>

  For what it's worth, not including a menu file for ObConf is intentional.
 It is (statically) included on Openbox' default menu, and I felt it would
 only saturate the WM-agnostic Debian menu, as it's worthless for anyone not
 using Openbox.  (Not that the Debian menu isn't full of crap already..)

  The .desktop file, on the other hand, is provided from upstream.  I
 haven't given an eventual removal of it much thought, though -- but I
 wouldn't mind doing so if that's what people want.

--
Tore Anderson