On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 11:23:16AM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > 	* many pieces of hardware will not be supported by the Debian system
> > 	  itself
> Since we already face this "problem" woody already due to new hardware
> being incompatible with older one, only the number will grow.

Joey, I realise you think this is the case, but it's not. It has been
quite possible to separate firmware into userspace, without separating
it into a separate package, or moving it to non-free.

GPL violations and DFSG violations are _always_ distinct: the former can
be fixed without moving stuff to non-free, and can never be fixed simply
by moving stuff to non-free; the latter can't be fixed without moving
stuff to non-free and can be fixed by just moving stuff to non-free.

Cheers,
aj

Don't assume I speak for anyone but myself. GPG signed mail preferred.

Protect Open Source in Australia from over-reaching changes to IP law
http://www.petitiononline.com/auftaip/ & http://www.linux.org.au/fta/