Re: fibusql bugs [was: massfiling]

Hi Fabio!

On 2004-04-18 23:16 +0200, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Apr 2004, Martin Pitt wrote:
> > If putting a file into conf.d/ is regarded as "mangling user changes",
> > then why was conf.d/ introduced in the first place?
>
> Using conf.d is ok.

Okay, then I will leave it as it currently is.

> As I wrote in another mail to this thread i can't
> remember all the exact details for each package, but if i remember
> correctly there is something wrong with the grep/echo >> you do to
> httpd.conf (but i will check it again if you want me to)

No, I don't echo anything into httpd.conf, I just grep this file for
an existing Alias and if it is not there, I echo an Alias to
conf.d/fibusql. So I guess that this report was a false positive :-)

> > If there is a standard and clean way to install web applications, I
> > would be happy to get to know and implement it. I just don't want to
> > put the scripts into the sitewide DocumentRoot directory.
>
> Well we can only suggest to use conf.d.

I fully agree. conf.d/ is a great enhancement for web applications.

> > > Package:    fibusql
> > > Maintainer: Martin Pitt <mpitt@debian.org>
> > > Problem:    It does not depend/support apache-perl
> >
> > Oops, did not know about this package either, I will support it in the
> > future. Currently fibusql does not depend on just httpd since I don't
> > know a way to install a web application in arbitrary webservers.

Now that the other issue has settled, I will upload a new version
supporting apache-perl soon.

> > Thanks in advance for any hints!
>
> Thanks to you for your fast response!

You too :-)

Have a nice day,

Martin

--
Martin Pitt                 Debian GNU/Linux Developer
martin@piware.de                      mpitt@debian.org