Re: Intent to adopt GStreamer for Debian GNOME Maintainers

Andrew Lau <netsnipe@users.sourceforge.net> writes:

> Hey David and co.,
>
> Since you haven't uploaded a new version of GStreamer since Oct 2003,
> I've decided to "adopt" GStreamer in order to package 0.8 in time for
> GNOME 2.6's transition from experimental to unstable.

Hi,

Before doing this, please ask. Gstreamer 0.8 packages are almost ready
for more than a week and available on alioth :
http://pkg-gnome.alioth.debian.org/gstreamer/

He'll probably uploaded them soon according to our last talk. I've asked
him if you want to use the Gnome SVN, and he would rather like use arch
for this, free to him.

BTW thanks for the good job David.

Cheers,

Sebastien Bacher