/usr/bin/kde-update-menu: No such file or directory

I was trying to figure out why my Debian menu isn't working
under KDE in unstable, so I ran update-menus from the
command line.  Among other things, it told me that
/usr/bin/kde-update-menu doesn't exist.  I haven't been
following the list closely.  Is this a frequently reported
thing?

# update-menus
sh: line 1: /usr/bin/kde-update-menu: No such file or
directory
Unknown error, message=replacewith($string, $replace,
$with): $replace and $with must have the same length.
install-menu:
/etc/menu-methods/freedesktop-desktop-entry-spec-dirs:
aborting
update-menus[9003]: Script
/etc/menu-methods/freedesktop-desktop-entry-spec-dirs
returned error status 1.
Unknown error, message=replacewith($string, $replace,
$with): $replace and $with must have the same length.
install-menu:
/etc/menu-methods/freedesktop-desktop-entry-spec-apps:
aborting
update-menus[9003]: Script

--
Thomas E. Vaughan   (303) 939-6386   Ball Aerospace, Boulder