> >   rdiff                        7302952
> >   rdiff (gzip -9)              2423336
> >   svndelta                     1793107
> >   svndelta (gzip -9)           1539271
> >   xdelta (-0)                  1751110
> >   xdelta (-9)                   935281
      rsync                        7654580
      rsync (gzip -9)              2487882

Numbers were obtained using the experimental batch mode.  Only the delta
file size is included.  Not surprisingly, they are quite similar to
rdiff.

> > svndelta is quite CPU-intensive, compared to the others.  (I'm not sure
> > if it's because of the base64 encoding, which isn't included in the
> > numbers above.)  xdelta and rdiff use comparable amounts of CPU time
> > (with and without compression). xdelta seems to need memory proportional
> > to the size of the input files, which might be a problem.

xdelta needs all data in core, and is suitable for small patches only.

> And what does rsync say? Ucompressed, gzip -9 and gzip with
> --rsyncable please.

Why do you want rsyncable rsync deltas?

--
Current mail filters: many dial-up/DSL/cable modem hosts, and the
following domains: postino.it, tiscali.co.uk, tiscali.cz, tiscali.it,