Re: RFC: kernel packages cleanup

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 03:33:51PM -0600, Stephen R Marenka wrote:

> > > I just spent two months adding 2.2 and m68k support to d-i. I'd be a bit
> > > upset if we didn't release with any 2.2 kernels because it's
> > > aesthetically pleasing.
> >
> > The point is not whether it's aesthetically pleasing, the point is
> > whether there should be security updates for three major revisions of
> > the kernel.
>
> Actually, the point is whether we're going to drop support for a
> subclass of machines that we support right now. That's pretty severe.

Clearly.

That's why I asked for an ETA when kernel 2.6 might support all m68k
subarchs that have problems with 2.4 adequately.

If this is several years from now, it's a real problem.
If this will be in 2-3 months it's not a big problem.

cu
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed