Re: ChangeLog formatting - make it easier to read

Quoting Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder (avbidder@fortytwo.ch):

> me (and I suspect many others). So I wondered if the language-related
> changelog entries could be grouped together like
>
>  * Translations:
>    - updated foo
>    - new bar translation from ...
>
> So those not interested in the non-english language versions could skip this,
> and those waiting for a translation could concentrate on this.
>
> (I'm not proposing to to integrate this anywhere in policy or so. Just food
> for thought).

This is exactly the conclusion the Debian Installer "Team" came
to. With up to 35 languages, it became obvious that changelogs are
really cluttered with translation stuff.

So, look at some d-i packages changelogs for getting an idea about how
things are *now* handled and compare to older changelog entries.

Nikolai Prokoschenko wrote some nice scripts (available in
scripts/l10n-changes in d-i source tree which, unfortunately, cannot
currently be checked out anonymously) for automagic generation of
the needed changelog entries for debconf templates updates/additions.

Some old copies from the "CVS times" of d-i are at:

http://cvs.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/debian-installer/scripts/l10n-changes/?cvsroot=d-i