Re: spam closes Debian bugs!

On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 10:38:53AM +0100, josh buhl wrote:
> I just got notified that one of my submitted bugs had been closed. When
> I checked to see what the resolution was, I saw that the bug had been
> closed by a spammer who had sent a spam to 190721-close@bugs.debian.org

> This obviously jeopardizes the integrity of the entire bug tracking system!

As I remember, you report this to owner@bugs.debian.org (or somesuch,
you wanna check that) and they will flush out that spam and fix its
wild changes to the bug status database.

Normally the maintainer would report it upon seeing a SPAM come in to
the bug-closing address... Unless their local SPAM-filter chucks the
message, I guess. :-)

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

"No survivors? Then where do the stories come from I wonder?"
-- Capt. Jack Sparrow, "Pirates of the Caribbean"

use, duplication and distribution.