Re: Packages still using old-style debconf

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 09:38:35 +1100, Brian May <bam@debian.org> wrote:
>What is the best reference to lean about the advantages of the new
>system and how to switch over to it?

Well the disadvantage of the new system clearly is that backports have
become much harder unless there is a backport of po-debconf. I have
tried that, but it's harder than expected because of the truckload of
dependencies that po-debconf has.

And we still have maintainers refusing to apply Colin Watson's
po-debconf backporting helper to their packages.

This is a decidedly bad thing in these days where backports have
become essential to running Debian stable.

Greetings
Marc