Re: w3m -> standard, lynx -> optional

Glenn Maynard <g_deb@zewt.org> writes:
> > http auth, and elinks has the annoying habit of unpacking .tar.gz
> > files on the fly during download (and putting the ungzipped .tar into
> > the filesystem as .tar.gz). Additional, elinks has a dependency list
>
> That's cute.  Explorer does the exact same thing.

Netscape used to as well.

The thing is, though, the [current version of] elinks in debian
_doesn't_ seem do this -- I just tested it.  Morever, I'd have never had
such problems in the past, despite regularly using [e]links as a file
downloader (as for some reason it tends to get much better speeds out of
slow network links than mozilla/netscape/whatever).

So I don't what the previous poster's going on about...

-Miles
--
o The existentialist, not having a pillow, goes everywhere with the book by
  Sullivan, _I am going to spit on your graves_.