Re: w3m -> standard, lynx -> optional

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 07:32:09PM -0800, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 12:25:57AM +0100, Osamu Aoki wrote:
>
> >  w3m
> >   * cursor moves character by character (very different from lynx)
> >   * form entry was unsuccessful  (sourceforge SSL password)
>
> I've never had a problem entering form data in w3m; this is very basic
> functionality implemented by every browser.

Aha, I needed to press [Enter] before doing anything.  Just different
*UI*.  Major change from lynx.  If package was compiled with lynx
compatible key bindings as described in the Help screen, it looks like
less of trouble for people like me but this is only compile time option.
This requirement to press [Enter] before doing anything may still exist
though.

I can get help screen with with "H" but not with "F1".  That is OK.

Funny thing is that I get menu selection by pressing [Insert].  Yep,
Japanese old PC-98 (Pre IBM compatible Japanese x86 PC) keyboard used to
mark that key as [Help].  This is not even in help screen information.

Osamu