Re: Bits from the RM

Anthony Towns wrote:
	* #203339 - freeswan - Rene Mayrhofer
	  FTBFS, patch in the bug log since July, no further activity
I feel that I need to respond to that, after being mentioned here :)

I fully admit that I have simply overlooked this one, because it is very easy to fix (and indeed has been fixed in my development tree, but didn't make it into the last upload). The reasons for not paying close attention to "the other" bugs for quite some time were mostly: - trying to get the whole kernel patch mess to work with the Debian kernels and still trying to retain compatibility with vanilla kernels
- constantly fighting with the hack that's called NAT Traversal
- a lot of "real life" issues since August, like moving into a new flat
This is no real excuse and I should pay closer attention to _all_ RC bug reports, thanks for reminding me ;)

PS: 2.01-4, which fixes at least some of the bugs, is stuck in the incoming queue since about 2003-11-20, nobody to blame for that of course. 2.04-1, which fixes all RC bugs and a few of the other ones, is currently in the works, but is having problems with the kernel-patch-freeswan package (because the changes from 2.01 to 2.04 upstream are larger than one would expect). If anybody wants to give it a try, please drop me a mail and I will send what I currently have. I could need some help in testing it with various kernel configurations

PPS: I am not subscribed to debian-devel, so please CC me in replies.

best regards,
Rene