Re: Lustre File System Support?

On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 09:12:29AM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:

> >   I'm trying to find a distribution that would be
> > willing to add Lustre file system support (it requires
> > a kernel patch).  If this group is interested, then I
> > may be able to gather some resources to help add the
> > support.  It has recently reached production
> > status(1.0), and would be a valuable tool to many in
> > the linux community.
> >
> > http://www.lustre.org
>
> Sounds interesting.
> Has anyone in the beowulf-mailing list tried lustre yet ?

I haven't tried it myself, but i work with a customer who uses it.
Although it requires multiple servers, they can all run on a single
machine - just an fyi if people are interested in playing around with
it.  Its also currently running on at least x86 & ia64, so there is at
least some level of portability.

One of the developers gave a talk on it at OLS this year:
  http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2003/view_abstract.php?talk=58
You should be able to find his paper in the proceedings.