Re: Changes in formal naming for NetBSD porting effort(s)

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 01:22:07PM -0800, Nunya wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 02:04:03PM -0700, Joel Baker wrote:
> > > the fact that "the original guys said it's a daemon, explicitly not a
> > > Christian demon" and here's you're saying "yes it is." :-)
> >
> > Er, no. I'm not. I'm saying that Christian demons are derived from Greek
> > daemons; that isn't the same statement as them being the same thing.
>
> > It's a subtle point, granted.
>
> [Picking nits here]
>
> Picking "demon" names to describe "daemons" only seems to be a good
> choice if they are closely related.  Either it's a poorly descriptive
> name or you *do* believe they are the same.

It's a poorly descriptive name, because (if you look back at the origional
post), there *are* no names for proper daemons.

Demons are the next closest thing, and do have names.
--
Joel Baker <fenton@debian.org>                                        ,''`.
Debian GNU/NetBSD(i386) porter                                       : :' :