Re: experimental codename: scud?

On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 11:56, Toens Bueker wrote:
> Hamish Harvey <david.harvey@bristol.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> > I'm not on the list, just follow DWN. Just a thought,
> > but naming something after a missile seems odd.
>
> Question is, after what the missile was named ...

Extract from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scud:

"Scud is the NATO reporting name (not an acronym) for a Soviet army
short-range liquid propellant surface-to-surface ballistic missile, the
SS-1.
[...]
The name "Scud" is also used to refer to an Iraqi modification of the
same missile."

> by
> Töns
> --
> There is no safe distance.

There is: more than 700kms for a Scud-D (aka: SS-1e) :-)

--
Vincent RENARDIAS
http://www.renardias.com/