Re: Debian wxWindows - XML Resources?

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Manuel Bilderbeek wrote:

> I originally sent the message below to ron@debian.org, but it seems he's
> not responding to my mails. Ron is the maintainter of the wxWindows
> packages for Debian. I was hoping that sending it to this mailinglist
> would be more fruitful. Please let me know if there's something better I
> could do. :)
While I had several contacts to Ron who is Debian maintainer and member
of upstream team I guess he might be on vacation if not responsive ...

> OK, here's what I sent:
>
> Me and a friend just started to work on a project that uses wxWindows (in
> C++) and we'd like to use the wxWindows XML Resources, to easily
> separate the UI from the actual implementation. But, it seems that the
> wxWindows XML Resources are not included in Debian. Is that correct?
I do not know that personally but the best thing to do is to file
a bug  report with severity wishlist to the Debian Bug Tracking System
(BTS).  You might use the tool reportbug for this purpose. Appending
a patch might speed things up drastically.

> If you need more information, please let me know.
Using the BTS is the best way to archive bugs.

Kind regards

         Andreas.