Re: Changes in formal naming for NetBSD porting effort(s)

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 12:20:00PM +0100, Mathieu Roy wrote:

| Really? What makes a pronounciation incorrect? The pronounciation of
| the project initiator, the context, etc... ?

Okay, I was being a bit facetious there, but if you insist on taking me
seriously, I suspect that the pronunciation of the project initiator is,
at least in the case of Debian, more correct than most alternatives.  In
particular, because the etymology is from a contraction of Deborah and Ian[1],
pronouncing it as the first three letters of each of those names seems
appropriate.

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/FAQ/ch-basic_defs.en.html#s-pronunciation

Cameron.