Re: Proposed change to debian release system

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 08:55:03AM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> After taking a look at the RC bug count, I don't see debian-installer
> holding up things at the moment.

Never the less, it has been one of those "must do" items, one of the
milestones that needs to be reached before a release is even considered.

RC bugs continue to accumulate as long as people feel they have time to
fix them and as long as testing is unfrozen.  When the release manager
makes the announcement that a release is approaching, our attentions are
diverted from our own personal projects and packages to those that have
received less care.  The announcement for release preparation is made,
and the cry for help goes out.  Hopefully it is heard.

Organize some BSP's, people!  They are sorely needed.  We found out on
Saturday's Minneapolis BSP that many of the RC bugs were quick fixes.
The 0-day NMU is a blessing (personally, I think this should be a
365-day, full-time policy).  Let's take advantage of it.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/