Re: Complaint

Ryan Murray said:
> On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 01:20:15PM +0100, Ingo Juergensmann wrote:
>> - James Troup wrote then (as a reply I think) on Thu, December 11, 2003
>> 19:34 a mail to m68k-build list to get a status about the m68k buildd
>> machines (new ssh key, kernel info, etc.). He then got answers he asked for.
> One person replied directly to me as was asked in the mail, others
> replied to the m68k-build list.  I was waiting for all of the

The mail said:
! For buildds, we're changing how that's handled on auric.  For now,
! please send Ryan and me the following info:

I don't want to nitpick, but the original mail doesn't imply for me sending
you both a *private* mail. You're both subscribed to the list and have asked
on the list. So, it's just obvious to answer via the list. Furthermore it's
quite common for m68k-build to answer with hitting the "g" key for a group
reply in mutt, which will result in a mail to the list and in a private mail.
Therefore I'm quite sure that James got more private answers than you, because
he was the author of the mail. Would you have contacted us directly on your
own, I'm sure you would have received all mails as well as a private copy.

>> - As http://buildd.debian.org/stats/graph-week-big.png shows, there are some
>> archs already have a working wanna-build access since days, namely mips,
>> mipsel and powerpc.
> Yes, these are the ones I was testing the new setup with.

I said nothing against that testing, just that the testing period of 5 days
are quite long to just show that it's working again. 1-2 days would have been
enough to see whether it works or not, and the info we have now is not that
difficult to justify some days more to wait (IMHO).

> I'm sorry if you
> feel that this testing was some form of discrimination -- it's not.
> I'm sorry for the delay in adding the keys to the new system as I
> actually spent most of the weekend away from computers as a break.

Granted.
Thx so far for your work, but I would wish a better and more direct
communication for the future. I hope that will be possible. :-)

--
Ciao...           //
      Ingo      \X/