Re: How frequently is the override file getting updated?

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 03:55:53AM -0500, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I updated a new set of e2fsprogs debs 5 or 6 days ago, which among other
> things contained an RC bugfix.  It's been stalled waiting for someone to
> update the override file.  I know that people are busy finishing off the
> last bits of recovery from the security compromise, but when should I
> expect that the override file will get updated so the updated e2fsprogs
> can get accepted into the archive?

One week says the email, but then i have been waiting for over a month
for the new powerpc kernel packages.

There is definitively something roten in the way this gets handled. On
the one hand we were aiming at releasing sarge 12 days ago, on the other
hand the ftpmaster, by being buy (or do you say by business ?) or for
other reason stall back the work of their fellow debian developers
without even giving feedback as to the reason of it. And don't tell me
they have no time, since apparently they have time to discuss this with
third party people behind our back, so what does it cost to share this
discussion with the maintainer of said package, who probably knows more
about the reason of the new binary packages than the ftp-masters do.

This behavior is holding us back, and it is really sad that nothing than
a week or more of public ranting will help in getting something done
there, and it may not even work this time.

And the intrussion is not even an excuse, since i uploaded the package
at the begining of november, when the intrussion did not exist yet.

Friendly,

Sven Luther