Re: Integrate Knoppix in Debian (was: Re: Debian Enterprise?)

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 20:47:58 +0100, Goswin von Brederlow
wrote:

> Blars Blarson <blarson@blars.org> writes:
>
>> In article <[🔎] 873ccbm4l0.fsf@mrvn.homelinux.org>
>> brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de writes:
>> >On the other hand if harddisk install is to be suported using xfs
>> >would have the big advanted that one can move the device snapshot onto
>> >the harddisk and grow the filesystem to fit.
>>
>> You might want to take a look at ext2resize, which will resize ext2
>> filesystems.  I havn't tried it myself.
>
> Ofline operation only. There is e2online or something for online
> resizes but I think that needs a kernel patch. And there is afaik
> nothing for ext3 online resizing.
>
> MfG
>         Goswin

Andreas Dilger released ext3online patches some time ago; see
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ext2resize/ (the patches section).  I've
used it on a production server running 2.4.20 (iirc).