Re: Integrate Knoppix in Debian (was: Re: Debian Enterprise?)

> > > Things like:
> > >     * ifupdown writes to /etc... a bug?
> > > aren't really relevant for this, [...]
> > It was a bug until code was added to cope with a symlink to some
> > writeable area. Same with /etc/mtab.
>
> > There are sveral patches around
> > (one accepted but not yet added by upstream) to allow /etc/mtab to
> > link to something other than /proc/mounts.
>
> If it's the same with /etc/mtab, then we don't need any patches; if we
> do need the patches then it's a problem, IYSWIM. I don't see any big
> difficulty in just linking it to /proc/mounts for a livecd though.
>
> > As I said, debix can take care of all that on a much lower and
> > earlier level so that should not concern.
>
> Maybe I've just missed it, but what's the URL?
>
> Cheers,
> aj

Alioth project but the last month I was swamped with D-I work. And now
that the compromised servers slowed developement I have time but no
server to commit to.

Wenn alioth is back I will upload a new version that works out of cvs
directly.

MfG
        Goswin